Translate

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Giardiniera! Day two of (hopefully) only three!

Found this great looking recipe at allrecipes.com:
Hot-Italian-Giardiniera
Posted by PHONETEK.

Of course, I had to let MY garden dictate the veggies... Yesterday was chopping/canning/pickling day.

By the time I was finished, I had three HUGE bowls of this beautiful veggie mix.  I turned two of the bowls (about 5 1/2 Qts) into a slightly sweet relish which is great.  The only problem was I was out of time and energy both and had to get back to life outside my four walls... :-(

The last bowl of veggies I decided to turn into the Giardiniera that I made last year, of course the recipe is nowhere to be found...  Anyhow, PHONETEK has one posted over at allrecipes that looks divine so I decided to use it a a guideline.  The veggies are now back in my fridge soaking in a brine solution (2c. salt and enough water to cover) Tomorrow I will drain, rinse and mix with the rest of the ingredients (equal parts white vinegar and EVOO, oregano, garlic, red pepper flake, black pepper and chopped olives)

Now, time to put my feet up and turn on the Food Network!  Ahhh.....!


3 comments: