Translate

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

summertime "SMOOTHie TALKING" my sweetie

I look up from the blogosphere to notice that I am, save for the glow of my computer screen, completely in the dark. It's also dead silent, no TV noise drifting in from another room, no kitty carousing, nothing at all but he hum of my monitor...

Cue the "do-do do-do" Twilight Zone music...

I'm momentarily a little freaked out about how alone I feel and reach for my phone to call my hubby.  He could be anywhere and I'm not gonna tiptoe around 40 dark acres looking for him!

He answers his phone in a raspy whisper, "Hey!"  I whisper back, "Whacha doin'?" To which he responds, "sweatin my ass off turning casenecks" in the same raspy whisper...  That's greek to me but I whisper back a giggle, "jejejeje....." Still feeling a bit in the Zone."  By now I realize he's directly above me in his man cave which is completely isolated from the rest of the house which is why he is sweating his...  well, you get the picture.  "How's about I make us a little COOL treat then?"

"Ooh, that sounds good!" he says to me in his normal voice and the spell is broken.

 Recipe:

Take
1 - Magic Bullet Drink Cup
(oh yes! i lve my bullet!)
fill 2/3 full frozen pineapple chunks
fill remaining 1/3 with frozen blackberries
add water enough to blend.

cup is now about 3/4 full and thick

open 1 can ginger-ale
stir in enough to loosen and pour in martini glasses
add a scoop of vanilla ice cream
float some more ginger-ale on top






Try your very best

not to laugh out loud

when your big, tough

hunk of a man

puts that cute little umbrella

behind his ear...


Have I mentioned yet today how crazy I am about him?





ADDED BONUS!

Sufferers from Colitis... 
All those annoying little seeds from the blackberries...
settled right to the bottom of my glass!!
Not even one left behind to pick out of my teeth!

Naturally Chester is looking on in amazement.
Aren't you?



No comments:

Post a Comment